There's nothing here we would disagree with...
He writes: "Public libraries are transforming their interiors, moving away from institutional designs of the past to environments that are collaborative, flexible and comfortable."
The strategies, in brief:
- Make good use of natural light, incorporating glass walls instead of traditional dry walling.
- Create a variety of work spaces for different functions.
- Make spaces flexible and mobile, utilising mobile screening for example.
- Integrate technology into the spaces and the furniture.
- Learn from the coffee shop experience how to create relaxed meeting spaces.