We help libraries move from passive provision of books and resources to actively engaging the audience. At Opening the Book we have studied the way people move through a space, what causes them to pause and linger, what makes them pick up a book. We apply this knowledge to create a unique discovery layout for every library we design.
As well as being book promotion experts, we create libraries as successful ‘third spaces’ for different kinds of activity – learning, making, collaborating – from business advice to wellbeing hubs.
Opening the Book has trained more than 20,000 library staff across 5 continents. This dally interaction with libraries on the ground informs the practical flexibility of our designs. We are passionate about libraries and their future development – please get in touch if you are too.
Products and services
- Online training courses to give your library a facelift
- Library interior design and fit-out
- Space and capacity planning
- 3D visualisations
- Library shelving and furniture
- Makerspace, workspace, business space, advice and wellbeing hubs
- Interior and exterior signage
- Graphics and window manifestations
- Collection layout and merchandising
Address for enquiries in the UK:
Opening the Book Ltd
80 Carleton Road
Tel: 01977 602188
Address for enquiries in the USA and Canada:
Opening the Book North America LLC
Water Tower Square, Suite 106
1000 Commerce Park Drive
Williamsport, PA 17701
Tel: 844 398 4460